Sex and Diabetes ft. Janis Roszler & Donna Rice
This week Erika talks to Certified Sex Therapist, Janis Roszler, and Registered Nurse, former president of the American Association of Diabetes Educators, Donna Rice all about their new book, Intimacy & Diabetes. Now available on Amazon.
We talked all about how diabetes affects a person's sexuality, desire, biological functions, and much more.
What we talked about
- Are diabetes-related sexual complications inevitable?
- How could having diabetes affect a couple’s sex life
- What are effective treatments for erectile dysfunction?
- What kinds of sexual problems can women with diabetes have?
- How can people speak to their healthcare providers about sexual challenges?
- What types of issues may come up when dating someone with diabetes?
- How do I know if a penile implant is right for me?
- Can you tell if a person has a penile implant?
- Do people with penile implants have orgasms?
- What causes female diabetes-related sexual complications?
- What causes male diabetes-related sexual complications?
More about Janis
Janis Roszler, LMFT, RD, LD/N, CDE, FAND is the 2008–2009 AADE Diabetes Educator of the Year. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist, certified sex therapist, certified diabetes educator, registered dietitian, and award-winning medical media producer Award.
More about Donna
Donna Rice, MBA, BSN, RN, CDE, FAADE is the past president of the American Association of Diabetes Educators and has held numerous positions nationally and on a state and local level to advance the care of individuals with diabetes. She is a registered nurse and certified diabetes educator who speaks on a variety of diabetes-related topics, with a passion and expertise in sexual health. In addition to launching a national sexual health program in Farmington Hills, MI, Donna is also the author and co-author of numerous consumer and peer-reviewed articles and books related to diabetes and sexual health.