Erika takes on a chat with MMA coach, and host of “The Takedown”, Josh Thomas about brain injury and making decisions that protect athletes (and, subsequently, their partners). They emphasize the importance of preventive activity, and the requirement for athletes to speak with their partners openly and consensually when negotiating sexual activity and dynamics. Erika gains some enlightenment on masculinity and progressivism in the MMA community and Josh offers his own quarantine sex tips.
What we talked about
- CTE =Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Preventive vs. Reactive action
- Trends of aggression in fighters
- Domestic violence
- Talking to partners, negotiating sex practices & dynamics with a view to protecting the relationship
- Communication must be safe, open, and consensual
- Communicate about injury symptoms, aggression, anxiety, depression, and experiences
- Masculinity and sexuality in MMA culture
- Quarantine sex tips from Josh
Where to find Josh
How you can support the podcast
Sex Talk on Patreon
Patreon is a great way to show your support. For as little as $1 a month, you directly help me pay for editing costs, bonus content, and much more.